Support Cromwell Youth Trust
Cromwell Youth Trust (CYT) is a NZ registered charity (CC23961) who supports and advocates for youth throughout Cromwell & surrounding areas of Central Otago.
CYT's promise is to provide a safe and supportive environment where young people have the opportunities to express themselves openly, without judgement; to be treated as equals, without segregation; to have the opportunity to participate, without concern of financial pressure; to be heard, without being silenced and to be guided by trusted and dedicated youth workers.
CYT use the Youth Development Strategy Aotearoa as a framework for effective youth development.
Services that are provide to the youth community include the following:
· The Hangout Youth Centre is a free drop-in space for any young person who attends Grade 7-13 (10/11 - 18 years old). It is open Monday to Friday from 3pm until 5:30pm. Offering exciting games and activities including a pool table, music equipment, arts & crafts, TV, board games, fully equipped kitchen and more.
· Holiday Programmes operate throughout every holiday period; Summer, Autumn, Winter & Spring. CYT include a variety of fun, engaging and adventurous activities from Horse Riding, SITE Trampoline, Mountain Biking, Arts & Crafts, Movie & Pizza Nights, Indoor Skydiving and more.
· Youth Development Programmes are focused on a specific area of interest that provide the opportunities for youth to expand on their skills or develop brand new skills. These programmes are youth focused and are hands on experiences that have positive outcomes.
· 1-on-1 Mentoring is a referred based service where our Youth Workers support and advocate for young people who need added support to be guided and mentored by positive role models.
· Events are developed by CYT to engage community support and encourage involvement from local youth. CYT also take part in local community events that occur and are active in supporting events for the benefit of others.
· Youth Workers in Schools are where our Youth Workers build positive relationships with all young people through engagement during lunch breaks, camps and other programmes operated by the local schools
To enable our service to be sustainable for the long term and available for our youth we have availability for individuals and businesses to 'join the team' and commit to financial support to allow our organisation to continue reducing financial barriers for families and young people.