Landscaped Eco Sanctuary.
We have been purpose building and landscaping a 10 acre block in Waimate Valley, just 10 min from the Bay of Island airport for Events and Retreats.
A series of natural and improved landscaped environs are situated within the property consisting of interlinking paths, streams, lakes and large mature native trees overlooking a private Rural valley.
There are several developed spots for an event. They are under constant improvement and early bookings are mostly essential to ensure that the land management plan is dedicated to your needs.
In our team we have A landscape designer who has been building amazing gardens and film sets Like Harry potter for many years, we also have dedicated flower arrangers, photographers, drone operators and
- The wildflower Circle. This is a mown lawn roped off from the grazing land and surrounded by A mixture of colourful wildflower. There is an opportunity for an outdoor projector screen to be included which we have available and two large 150 year old Totara trees on either side for plenty of shade. Water is available and drainage is installed, Perfect for a small ceremony, Yoga or workshop space. Elevated sections enable a podium to be set up and its rusticly charmful! We can even plant the colours to suit your event with enough warning. Easy to add a marquee in case of bad weather. Perfect for sunrise and sunsets. Great views and ponds are dotted throughout the immediate landscape.
- The Forest Glade. This setting is also circular allowing you to set up your event in any direction and most importantly within the ambient temperature of a natural forest opening amongst 70m tall Kaihikatea Forest and Nikaus. There is a stream running through which wraps around the buttressed roots of the Trees and so much native grasses and other delights that it is one to be seen! It gets dappled sunrise affects through the mosses hanging from the ancient trees and the sunset comes though the lower trunks also however during the day its just perfect. It's completely natural with strimmed grass circle and path leading to the lakes and bar. There is an option to put a cover strung from the trees and of course lighting this area is incredible. Its really perfect for Yoga mediation or workshops where everyone can stay out of the sun all day.
- The Lakes and Bar- This area was developed from marsh land 7 years ago and the lakes have been restored and opened up with a small island with a huge Kaihikatea on it and a rustic Jetty. The Bar is also built from reclaimed hardwood materials and can be used for anything from a BBQ kitchen or serving Canopies drinks! The surrounding grass banks are sloping to enable a full view of a ceremony or band and there is a level area we have started to set up for a podium or stage and dancing etc. Imagine floating candles< BBQ tables on the lawn and lots of umbrellas!
- The Olive grove and paddock - This is another magic spot with mature olives and adjoins the Orchard. There is a large level paddock which has been set up with several rustic poles to enable shade sails to be installed. This is the top of the hill with the best views and a couple of very large mature Totaras for plenty of shade. Imagine rows of chairs under a series of interwoven White shade sails or even haybales while your workshop ceremony or event is happening.
- The Vege Valley- Is a permaculture styled Vegetable/Nursery/Apiculture/Chooks/Wormfarm/Comost/Comfrey/Seaweed interwoven through a microclimatic valley that has a small book running though it. Its purpose was not only to sustain the team here at Down to earth but to run workshops, educational groups and eco tourism.
There are no immediate neighbours as we are surrounded by farmland and native bush and the views are incredible with North facing elevation overlooking the pristine Waimate Valley.
We have bespoke accommodation cabins available and large level areas for camping or Marquees.
There are presently three x loo facilities using compost style systems, unlimited water supply and hot shower.
Parking for a number of cars. Including dedicated (smaller style) bus parking.
Our horses can be enclosed separately in one of the grazing paddocks.
We have hundreds of meters of LED lighting that would have to be run via generator and without fire restrictions we can dedicate fire pits for amazing ambient light.
We are taking booking for this Spring Summer 2021 as there is still some other projects under construction including a board walk and farm style building using reclaimed Kauri to rebuild an ancient Farriers which will be available near the wildflower circle for a bar type scenario.
There is plenty of furniture under construction and enough tables to seat at least 50 people.
We have plenty of stock of weaving material for Raranga courses including as much Harakeke and Raopo as you need. Further planting Coppice planting is planned this winter for Basket weaving materials also.
We have been developing this under Permaculture influences so it's the perfect local spot to hold a talk on anything from Ecology to Light earth building. We also have a huge stock of Clay for the purposes.
To see more info, Check us out on Facebook just type in the search bar @downtoearthnz
This is on cost per application with charities able to apply for significant reductions. We are starting this year so keeping it limited to a couple of events and at low costs!